Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Getting Ready for Wildflower

The Wildflower Half-Iron Distance Triathlon is in just 9 days and the nerves are beginning to set in. I've trained hard and have all the tools necessary to finish with a time I am proud of, but the fear of something going wrong is always present.

I constantly remind myself that that's the monster that is human nature. We train to look good to other people, to look good to ourselves, to justify the cost of a coach, or as some sort of inoculation against the fear that we won't have what it takes on race day. But we rarely train for the only reason that truly matters: to be the best we can be in body and mind, and deliver our finest possible performance on race day, regardless of the result.

With my family cheering me on, I plan to deliver.





No comments:

Post a Comment