Monday, April 23, 2012

Set Backs and My Best Friend

With my next race right around the corner, I've found the last few weeks incredibly challenging. The early morning swims, the late night runs...they began to take a toll. Not to mention getting on my bike to realize it wasn't shifting correctly, come to find out its an $800 fix. Set backs like this make me question why I am doing this or if its even worth it.

The truth is, I want to be competitive and in order to be competitive you have to be 100% committed...physically and emotionally. I love fitness. I love the training. I love that I am in the best shape of my life. But more than anything, I love how proud my son is of me.

Every where we went this weekend he would say, to almost every stranger we saw; with the biggest smile, "This is my dad and he is a triathlete!" And just before bed last night he whispered in my ear, "I can't wait to be just like you, dad. One day we are going to race side by side."

That is why I do this. In hopes that one day my sons dream can come true and we'll cheer each other on as we race side by side.


No comments:

Post a Comment